Richfield Area Lutheran Youth (RALY) is a ministry partnership between Woodlake Lutheran Church and House of Prayer Lutheran Church as a joint effort to accomplish their missions and visions while having a central voice for youth and family programming.
I’m Daniel Ditmanson, the Youth Outreach and Program Director of RALY. I am overseen by a Pastoral figure at each congregation and have a shared ministry team that helps plan and facilitate programs.
What does RALY Do?
RALY creates programming for youth and families at Woodlake Lutheran Church and House of Prayer. Although the programming is created and sponsored through the partnership of these churches, youth and families from outside of Woodlake and House of Prayer are always welcome! Events and opportunities include RALY Youth Group on Wednesdays, summer camps, Vacation Bible School, Sunday School, special family-oriented services, and more.
RALY Youth Group
Wednesday nights at RALY Youth Group tend to rotate between three different styles:
- Discovery Nights: Youth explore a lesson with their peers and leaders. This year, the 4th-6th grade group will explore the Old Testament and the 7th-8th grade confirmation group will learn from the Small Catechism about the core beliefs of the Lutheran Faith. The high schoolers pick out their own topic each year, but they usually focus on some aspect of how to live out faith in everyday life.
- Fellowship Nights: Once a month or so we have fun events for all 5th-12th graders to get to know each other better, build community, and just have fun. Events have included life-size board games, Halloween & Christmas parties, movie nights, broomball, and more!
- Service Nights: About once a month we have a service project for the whole group together. These are great for kids to grow closer and serve the broader community at the same time. Projects have included sorting donations at VEAP, leading bingo at Martin Luther Campus, food packing with Many Hands Many Meals, and picking up litter at Christian Park.
We invite you to come check out RALY Youth Group! If you have questions or want to see a full calendar of what we have planned, don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We also have opportunities for older youth to go on trips & retreats together. Some of the past options are listed below.
- Family Mission Trips open to ALL ages to serve together! In past year’s we’ve gone to Madison and the Duluth/Superior area.
- Week-long trips for high schoolers – In 2017 we took a high-adventure trip to Flathead Lutheran Bible Camp in Montana to go rafting on the edge of Glacier National Park. In 2018 we went to the ELCA National Youth Gathering in Houston, TX. In 2019, we went to Chicago, IL for a mission trip with Serve Boldly.
- We also encourage youth to attend summer camp at Luther Park in Danbury, WI. They offer week-long camps, half-week options for young kids, family camp, grandparent & kid camps, and much more! Check out www.lutherpark.com to learn more. Scholarships are available to help make camp possible.
Questions? Contact Daniel Ditmanson, Youth Program & Outreach Director, at 612-866-8449, or email@example.com