To form a life-giving relationship with Jesus
- Jesus said, “And let the one who believes in me drink. As the scripture has said, ‘Out of the believer’s heart shall flow rivers of living water.’” John 7:38
- “Let everyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who wishes take the water of life as a gift.” Revelation 22:17b
- “With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.” Isaiah 12:3
- Revelation 21:6, “To the thirsty Jesus will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life.”
Share the good news of Jesus
Congregational life is centered around relationships. To build trust, deepen our relationships with other members, and grow in faith; community life will transition into Woodlake life groups.
We will take our existing congregational group/communities that are life giving and expand them and add new congregational life groups where needed to meet our vision: to form a life-giving relationship with Jesus.
- ELW 446 “I’m Going on a Journey”
- ELW 732 “Borning Cry”
Our goal is to recruit 25 small group leaders to lead groups of 5-7 people reaching 125-175 people.
Each quarter, life groups will meet for 4 weeks to build relationships, serve, and grow in faith. Curriculum will be developed to help facilitate discussions based off of our weekly worship experiences. Life groups will also be encouraged to build relationships through acts of service and are encouraged to participate in one service or justice activity together per quarter.
|Fall 2020||Theme: Grace, Hope, Love||Message|
|Winter 2021||Theme: Grace, Hope, Love||Message|
|Spring 2021||Theme: Grace, Hope, Love||Message|
|April 28||Good News|
|Summer 2021||Theme: Sharing the Story||Message|
|July 7||Creation 1|
|July 14||Creation 2|
|July 21||Adam and Eve|
|July 28||Cain and Able|
|Fall 2021||Theme: Sharing the Story||Message|
|Winter 2022||Theme: God’s Own||Message|
|Spring 2022||Theme: God’s Own||Message|
Thank you for agreeing to lead a Woodlake Life Group. Woodlake life is vision to build and grow relationships at Woodlake with Jesus and others. As a leader you are committing to the following responsibilities.
- Contact group members and invite them to participate in your Woodlake Life Group (WLG).
- Explain what WLG is.
- Share the time commitment involved (1 hour per week for 4 weeks on October)
- After WLG wraps up in October, you will be sent survey asking:
- How your experience was with your Woodlake Life Group
- If you want to continue with your WLG, switch to another WLG, start your own, or drop out.
- Find a time/location that works for your group to meet. (If you want to meet through Zoom please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you schedule your online meeting)
- Woodlake would be happy to reserve a space at church for you.
- You can meet anytime from Wednesday—Tuesday each week. New Woodlake life group material will be available each Wednesday.
- Send reminders to your group of your upcoming meetings.
- Review agenda each week and familiarize yourself with your role. Leaders will:
- Lead opening and closing prayer
- Lead discussions
- Encourage all to participate.
- Be on the lookout for participants who want to monopolize conversations and gently find ways to include everyone’s perspective.
- Create ways for all people to watch the Bible/teaching section video. If video is not an option please call/email office for paper distribution.
- Woodlake Life Groups will be located on our website with all bible passages, videos, activities, information, and discussion questions listed there.
- Organize a service event with your group. (One service event per quarter)
- Find ways to use your groups interests and skills to meet the needs of the community.
- If you need any help brainstorming ideas please contact Service and Justice Leadership Board Commissioner Laurel Johnson email@example.com.
- Of course, feel free to add other things to your WLG to make it unique and special. Consider adding social events, bringing food, attending a concert together, sitting together in worship/creating a watch party for worship, helping each other out, the possibilities are endless.
Structure [1 hour]
Relationship Building 
- Opening Prayer [Group Leader]
- Team Building Activity 
- Share a highs and lows for the week 
- Watch Video including
- Bible Verse
- Discussion Questions
- Group Conversation/Reflection
- Each person shares something that sparked further interest or thought. 
- Closing Prayer [Group Leader]